08/05/14

Love letter






Feb 27 /45

My darling sweet wife,

I just finished a few letters to the folks and here I am back with you.

Darling I can’t get over your two pictures, you look so lovely it just breaks my heart having to miss all this time, by not being with you.

I am terribly in love with you and how I want to make you happy I can’t describe. 

Perhaps its sadism on my part, but I am almost glad of this long wait for you. How much more will I appreciate your loveliness and kindness when war! Darling this is a good lesson, perhaps a hard one, but I am sure it will make a better man and husband of me when I get back. 

I always tried to be somewhat considerate to you, but I have been many a time impatient, picky on small things and many ways also inconsiderate. That is all over, knowing what fine girl you are, there is nothing in the world that I would deny from you. When we will be together after the war is over, there is no power on earth that will be able to take me from your side, not even for a few days.

Believe me darling, I do regret every moment that I did not spend at your side.

O resto da carta, aqui.

2 comentários:

{anita} disse...

how I want to make you happy I can’t describe

Laura disse...

there is nothing in the world that I would deny from you